The Zimmer Periarticular Elbow Locking Plate System combines locking screw technology with periarticular plates to create fixed-angle constructs for use in comminuted fractures of the proximal ulna and distal humerus. The plates are designed to accommodate the unique anatomy of the elbow joint and can be used as an internal fixator to bridge multifragmented zones while providing stable fixation.
The plate heads contain locking screw holes while the shafts contain Universal Locking System (ULS) holes. Locking screw heads are threaded to allow the screw to be fully locked into position. The device can be used in fractures where traditional screw fixation may be compromised by osteopenic bone. The system also allows lag screws to be used for interfragmentary compression.
- ULS holes have a figure-8 shape and will accommodate standard or locking screws on either side of the hole
- ULS holes allow use of compression plating techniques with standard cortical or cancellous screws
- Standard and locking screws can be used in the same construct
- Allows the application of bi-directional axial compression within the construct
- Allows unicortical locking fixation
- Available in a variety of lengths in both left and right configurations