The NCB® Proximal Tibia Plating System allows controlled targeting of cortical and cancellous screws with polyaxial freedom in the treatment of complex fractures of the proximal tibia. The system allows the surgeon to lock the screws at any time during the procedure by using locking caps that are threaded into the plate holes. This locking construct improves angular stability such as in fractures in osteopenic bone1*. Before locking, the screws can be used as lag screws to facilitate reduction.
Non-Contact Bridging Spacers of 1 mm, 2 mm, and 3 mm can be used intraoperatively to elevate the plate off the bone, reducing the potential for periosteal damage and blood supply impairment.2-3 When the plate is locked, the spacers can be removed and the construct will act as an internal fixator.
- Available with either 2 or 3 proximal holes
- 6° posterior tilt of plate head matches lateral tibial contour
- Radiolucent MIS Guides allow submuscular plate insertion with minimal incision
- Polyaxial screw options allow angulation of up to 15°, providing a 30° cone
- Compatible with Zimmer® MotionLoc® Screws
* Poor bone quality which makes stable seating of the implant impossible