Distinctly Designed to Fit the Distal Fibula
- Gradual Transition aiming for Optimal Stress Distribution
- Low Profile
- Locking or Non-locking Options
- Compression and Threaded Screw Holes
The A.L.P.S. Fibula Plating System combines strength with a low profile, aiming to make it ideal for simple or complex fibula fracture procedures that involve minimal tissue coverage. The low profile titanium plate metallurgy and multiplanar locking screw technology enable the formation of a three dimensional matrix of fixed and variable angle screws to create a true subchondral scaffold that can provide strong fixation in comminuted fractures or osteoporotic bone.
The system allows the use of locking, multi-directional, and standard screws. This hybrid fixation concept designed to allow the surgeon to stabilize the fracture either by the use of lag screw techniques through the plate, or by compression plating techniques. Locking screws serve to provide stability to comminuted, unstable metaphyseal fractures or in osteopenic bone.
Two distinct plate options:
- Anatomic Locking Plate is pre-contoured to fit the lateral aspect of the distal fibula
- Composite Locking Plate aims to combine the benefits of a small fragment compression plate with flexible plating technology that allows intra-operative contouring in both the axial and coronal planes designed to achieve an optimum anatomic fit in the most challenging cases