The Zimmer® Cannulated Screw System comprises a wide range of sizes ranging from Ø3.0 mm-7.5 mm, lengths up to 180 mm, partial and full threaded design enabling the surgeon to address a broad spectrum of trauma needs. Screws are made from a proprietary implant grade stainless steel alloy called ‘Biodur® 1081’ that enables key features and benefits*.
- Larger cannulation and deeper threading without compromising strength. Larger cannula allows stiff guide wire to help precise guide wire placement, limiting the chances of skiving, deflecting or ‘walking’ on the bone
- Stronger screws compared to the traditional stainless steel2 screws to provide extra strength in load bearing applications
- Biodur® 108 is low-nickel stainless steel alloy3 designed to reduce Ni release minimizing the chances of Nickel sensitivity.
- Self-drilling/Self-tapping deep threads allow ease of insertion and increased resistance to pullout while the reverse cutting flutes aid in ease of removal
- Washers to prevent the screw head from pulling through the cortex are available for use where the cortical bone is soft or thin.
- Minimally invasive instrumentation enables ease of surgery minimizing tissue trauma through percutaneous guides and small incisions